The witch trials which took place in Bergheim between 1582 and 1683 are relatively unknown in Alsatian history.
The exhibits in the Witches’ House including pictures, engravings, video clips, archives and short texts (in French and German)encourage visitors to question the past and take a critical look at social exclusion and intolerance
Place de l’Église
03 89 73 38 91
Open from 2.00 pm to 6.00 pm
July and August
from Wednersday to Sunday
2nd two weeks of June,
September and 1st two weeks of October
The exhibition presents deliberately brief written material as well as many illustrations. Unlike the concept of a museum, the set is designed both to create a mood and to provide educational material for the general public.